Thursday, December 11, 2014

final reflective post


credit to Tacoma.uw.edu
Transforming With New Technologies has lots of good and important information that I need to know to be able to become the teacher that 21st century needs. Each chapter of this book taught me so much to help my students as well as my kids at home.All the experience that I had in this class is reflected in all of my assignments that I worked on in this class. With the help of Transforming Learning with New Technologies text book and Mrs. Coleman, I was able to achieve many things that I couldn't do my self.The Blog we created in class,the activities in class and the discussions and assignments made individually and in classmate groups really help me to assist better my students at work.It also made me think of how important is to know what you are teaching and how you are teaching in the class. I realized what a teacher needs to learn to become a real good teacher.


My blog help me to better understand  the chapters from the textbook (Transforming Learning With New Technologies).For instance technology integration stages and issues, from chapter 12 (299). This subject taught me how big of a challenge it is  for a teacher to be able to make a good lesson plan, so the students can feel engage with the daily lesson with out making the class boring or confusing. I had the chance to learn about  Multicultural education in  21 century schools subject .This really helped me understand and help better my students. Each one of them regarding their nationality has a special way of learning and I need to make sure that I can assist he or she on the best way possible. Every chapter in the book was very helpful to better help my students. I will keep my blog to go back and review all what I learned with Transforming Learning With New Technologies.

I really enjoyed the discussions with my classmates. The discussions we worked on in this class taught me to see and to understand each different subject in a different way. Sometime we have our own point of view, but when we can read what others think about the same subject, we can understand better  the meaning of it.  In my work,discussions helped me to better communicate with the teachers that I assist.We can dialogue better when I have the knowledge of how to use technology to assist ELL students better.

The activities that we did in every class was a very nice experience.It taught me different ways of how we can use technology to assist our students. I really enjoyed the activity of the GPS systems. This is a good activity to use with my six graders at the beginning of the year in world history.

the assignments that I worked on all helped me very much.The web quest assignment was a very good experience for me. I had the opportunity to talk with teachers that I assist and to talk about  how to work on lesson plans. that is something that I would like to keep for my records.I learned how to research and to evaluate a  website page to make sure that is safe for my students to navigate.


Collaboration helped me under stand many information ,like for example how can home work,summarizing and note taking,Cooperative learning and other subjects can help our students to be more successful in school. From my point of view, this class as others that I have attend this semester is just perfect ,the only thing I can think of is that we need more time to explore all the different good information to research in our 21st technology  class.





                                                  credit to That Tutor GuyPublished on Jan 8, 2014


photo from http://www.tacoma.uw.edu/sites/default/files/global/images/tltwordcloud.png
video from  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMfWWFuuPk



                                                                 Refference

Maloy, R., O’Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013).Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc.
ISBN: 978-0133155716 
ISBN: 0-133155714

No comments:

Post a Comment