Wednesday, October 15, 2014

EME 2040 Digital Badge #H Laura Guzman Moreno



                                                                          zooburst
 

chapter nine is very interesting as well as all what I have read in this book. As I was reading Power Point and next-Generation Presentation,I can agree on this subject about power points because the language art  teacher that I assist at work, uses power point with the students and they really enjoy the class while they are practicing their phonetic skills. As Transforming Learning with New Technologies says " Technology educators think about power point in terms of information presentation design-the arrangements of writing and pictorial information so the intended audiences can easily and clearly understand it" (223). I totally agree with this article. L/A teacher teaches the phonetic skills and  while teaching the students, the students are making their own power point with vocabulary, notes and pictures.power point works very well because it is more convenient to   go back to it, in contrast if they do their notes on paper they always misplace it and they can't see their work again.

literacy Learning with Digital Cameras , I haven't had the opportunity to use this method. it sounds interesting and i will keep researching it ,so I can use it with my Ell students. looks like is the same thing as power point but with their own pictures.Concept Books sounds good for my ELL students and is very good. Students remember more when we use picture books with the vocabulary. As Transforming Learning with New Technologies says "As resources for beginning readers and English Language Learners, concept books offer another opportunity for teachers to use digital photography to promote literacy learning" (231).I agree with this comment. students can engage more with the new language when we use this method.

I also read about Next Generation Web 2.0 Presentation Tools. it got my attention the Animoto subject because I remember that my son use it last year in P.E class,he need it to make a video of his own.He was exited about it and did a wonderful job.

                          http://linoit.com/users/lguzmanmoreno/canvases/Someday

                                                              Textbook Resource:

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to know that you have already experienced these multimedia technologies in your school. There are many from which to choose - especially as we use the web 2.0 tools. You can use Animoto for one you create in the future, if you want - I do not have it on the digital badge list, but open for that as an option. Unfortunately, your Lino needs to be public so you can embed it on your blog and I can see it. And the Zooburst (did you create one? or were you referencing someone else's creation?) only took me to the home page to get an account. Hope you can get those fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Mrs. Coleman! and yes I did created both sites.please let me know if it worked this time . I tried it and it did.

    ReplyDelete